Our Little Zheng Lan

Our Little Zheng Lan

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Zhengzhou-Last Day

On the bus, heading to the Airport
I had to try the had on and she didn't want to take it off.
The sunglasses have become another toy!

Dad, Apple, Rita, Mom, Jake, Lizzie, Me, Ysha
Our Tour Guides in Zhengzhou
I cannot tell you how invaluable these 3 ladies were, especially Ysha. You learn to love them and admire their hard work. They are all so grateful for the families coming over to adopt the Children. Apple has a 2 year old son, Ysha a 13 year old daughter, and Rita is 3 months pregnant and is hoping for a girl!

We woke up, had breakfast, and then Lizzie was ready for a nap, so Jake and I headed to "Healthy Massages" and had a deep muscle massage. Not a great idea just before flying-we hurt, but I feel great today. They used their feet, and it was really cool. You wear these PJ's and they put a sheet over you, and then stand on your back holding onto these poles above them. It was worth the experience for $20-great money for them when you consider that the really wealthy earn 200,000 RMB, which converts to about $30,000 in the US. So, for them, they earned 128 RMB.

Then, the excitement began! We headed to the airport (on the bus) and found out our plane had been delayed at least 1 hour. After 2 hours, we boarded, pulled out about 45 minutes later, and then sat on the airplane, grounded, for another 2 hours. Finally, we had permission to leave, and we were able to check into the White Swan Hotel in Guangzhou around 12:30 am, approximately 6 hours late. Now, you have to remember that we had 14 families with toddlers, and they make you empty out all of your bottles before.

Lizzie did really well. We played at the playground at the airport, she fell asleep for a while why we were grounded (bad weather in Guangzhou), and played on Grandma's lap while flying. She threw everything she could find, covered herself and me in OJ, and pooped through all her clothes on Grandma's lap. I'd brought 1 change of clothes for her, but not 2. Needless to say, I changed her again as soon as I had my suitcase, and she was asleep by the time we arrived at the hotel. We all slept in! Oh, to have a Toddler again! I do not know what I'd do if my parents were not here! They've been a lifesaver in keeping me sane, even when I feel like loosing it!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see you guys!!! It is so fun to see her walking and playing and happy. What a blessing for all involved :)

    ReplyDelete