Our Little Zheng Lan

Our Little Zheng Lan

Monday, July 11, 2011

Gotcha Day


Today was Gotcha Day, and my little Lizzie is sleeping soundly. After 4 hours of sleep, I was able to take a nap with her. She let me rock her and cuddle her to sleep...she actually wanted it. She has been a miracle! She hasn't cried much, but enough to know she can. She is so big, a little chunker, and she likes to eat...I think just for something to do and not because she is hungry.

She was one of the last ones to come to the Registration Office, so we were able to watch many other babies come in, almost all of them crying. I have expected mine to be one of those experiences, but it wasn't. She came in calm, just looking at me, and within 20-30 minutes we had her smiling and giggling. That is the Daddy magic. Jake started playing with her and she couldn't resist. At first she wouldn't look at him, but by the time we left, she just wanted to play with him.

The orphanage returned my photo album and disposable cameras, so I hope there are some great photo's there. They also supplied us with a book of neat photos from the orphanage and her foster mom. She was very loved. My heart and prayers go out to her sweet foster mom!

She has enjoyed Grandma and Grandpa being here, too. She's just so precious. I am so in love with her. Back at the hotel room, she was giggling and playing, talked to Josh on the phone (she started just babbling to him, it was adorable), waved to him on Skype, she's just learning to walk so we were able to see her wobble around, and grabbed Grandpa's hand and began to walk away. The cutest thing ever was when she turned around and saw us, she began to run to us, and into my arms.

She's sleeping now, it's almost time to get her up for hand-printing, but she looks so peaceful. She is mine. She is a true gift from God. I can't help but thank him for how well she is doing, and pray for all the other families. I know we will have our hard days, but what a treat to have this one have gone so smoothly.

Update: We were able to Skype with the other kids tonight. They were so excited to see their little sister. This will be a good fit for our family. I miss my other 3 so much, but am so grateful to be here to finally bring this little girl home. We wouldn't be complete without her.

6 comments:

  1. AAGH! The tears! The tears!

    I am so happy for you and so very happy for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been such a long time coming, and it is so wonderful to see these pictures and hear your experiences and know that your daughter is finally with you for good! Congratulations, Jake and Julie! What an incredible experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy that the first day went well! She is such a happy child! So adorable! Can't wait for you guys to get back so we can meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you just in tears all the time, tears of joy? I'm crying just reading your post! I'm thrilled to see a picture of her smiling! Many congratulations, and have a safe trip home. Can't wait to meet Lizzie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing. Just so, so happy for you guys. Blessings all around!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SHE IS ADORABLE!!! Congratulations you guys.

    ReplyDelete