Our Little Zheng Lan

Our Little Zheng Lan

Friday, July 8, 2011

Beijing Day 1-Silk Factory

One of the required stops in Beijing is the Silk Factory. It is a large industry that makes silk (of course). We were able to learn about the process and then help pull the silk. They have the coolest comforters, sheets, and clothes. We walked out with 3 outfits and 2 ties. The outfits are for Ryann, Lizzie and Nathan, per their request. I felt better about the price after seeing them for 3 times more in a local gift shop. You'll see photo's of them later as I take pictures of Lizzie modeling (if she'll let me). My mom bought some scarves, and my dad picked up some ties as well.

Jake checked out the custom made suits, but our tour guide was in a hurry, so we passed this time and will check in our next city. $350 for a custom silk suit....not bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment