Our Little Zheng Lan

Our Little Zheng Lan

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Guangzhou

With Daddy

Playing in the Fountain and Discovering Water

Enjoying our new little addition!

We are here, and we've had our "Physical", and she passed. No fever, things look great, they took copies of her medical records from Zhengzhou, and a happy girl today. She weighed in at 13.3 kg, that computes to 29.9 lbs. Yeah, that's what I'm feeling! Ugh. They said "she's very healthy", and everyone around us says, "big baby". But, oh so cute!

We had lunch with Sherman, my dad's business associate and friend from China (he flew down to meet us), and spent time walking around, allowing her to discover things. She loves to touch leaves, has learned to love the water (so surprising-I think our swimming experience on Thursday, where we just let her dip her feet in until she chose to get in with Jake and I helped. Now, she cries when she has to get out of the bath), and enjoys trying new things. She'll put anything in her mouth we feed her, she just may not keep it there.


It's a beautiful place, so many places to just walk along the Yellow River. This is a much nicer area of China, very clean, peaceful. We love all of the statues they have! And the little shops to buy souvenirs. I love listening to them sing (there was a choir practicing), playing music, drawing, and practicing Thai Chi. I love all the bronze statues representing children. I will take more photos of them! I like this place! (And we don't have any tours we have to go on, though we may choose to.) I am glad to be here and have the pace slower!

1 comment:

  1. Keep the posts coming! This is so awesome to follow. Something I've always wanted to do but probably won't get to. That girl is a doll. :)

    ReplyDelete