Our Little Zheng Lan

Our Little Zheng Lan

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Our Chinese Daughter


See this photo. This is the one that I saw in November. I couldn't get this face out of my head. I called my mom, crying, "Mom, I found my little girl and I can't afford to go and get her!" My mom's reply was...."there will be another one when the time is right." Those words brought some comfort, but still, I couldn't forget her!



3 weeks ago, wondering if my baby had found a home, I went back and checked the list. There she was. Many other children with more severe needs had been placed, but my baby hadn't. After a sleepless night, I asked my husband why it was that I could not forget her. I requested as much information as I could on her. I kept reading through it thinking...."there is nothing wrong with her, she is perfect for me....I can handle whatever it is she will need."

As my husband began to seriously consider the possibilities and really look at her, he, too, knew she was ours.

January 24, 2013 we wrote a letter to China stating that "We accept this Child!."  Cannot wait to hold this baby girl in my arms!

No comments:

Post a Comment