Our Little Zheng Lan

Our Little Zheng Lan

Friday, February 25, 2011

Clothes for Lizzie

I was ordering Birthday Clothes for the kids, and couldn't resist one of those cute tutu's that was on clearance for Lizzie. I can't wait to put it on her!!!

My sweet sister-in-law, Leta, also sent home some clothes & a car seat that her daughter has outgrown. I've had fun washing the clothes, putting together a few outfits, and knowing that Lizzie will at least have a couple of cute outfits! I just wish I knew exactly what size she will be. The charts show she's about 12-18 month size, but you never know. Do I pack some of both sizes? I think I'll go for the 18-24 month sizes, and if they drown her, at least she'll have clothes on!!! I did figure out that she'd be in size 4 diapers. I haven't had to do diapers for so long, this will be an adjustment (not to mention an added monthly expense).

We've been re-decorating the room she'll share with big sister, and we're working on new quilts to match for both girls....one for the big bed, one for the crib. Big sister is so excited, and has begged to please share a room with Lizzie. She's going to be a great big sister!

Still need a new mattress & sheets for the crib, all the baby items that you get rid of (i.e. lotion, ointment, diapers, wipes, etc), but it will all come. And do I buy bottles or sippy cups? By age 2, my kids were all using sippy cups only. What does she use there? I have no idea, and I don't really have a way to find out. Maybe the advent bottles with the nipples & sippy lids....less to pack but the option of both.

We sent her care package out on Tuesday! $45 for a shoe-box size with a blanket, a couple of outfits, candy to share with her foster family, a stuffed animal, and a picture book of our family. It was so much fun to put together.

I had a day this week that I wondered what we were doing and why we were trying to make this happen. I was ready to quit, but I knew that if I quit, I'd be quitting on my little girl. I can't do that...I have to keep having hope, keep moving forward, and doing all that I can do to raise the money to bring her home....and the Lord will do the rest. So, I picked myself up, kissed my girls picture on the fridge, and prayed for strength. I cannot wait to bring her home, regardless of the challenges that lie ahead. I have so many friends that are supporting me and offering their love. I have a great husband, 3 children I cherish, and family that is behind me all the way. With the Lord, all things are possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment