Our Little Zheng Lan

Our Little Zheng Lan

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Delays

I found out on Tuesday that I had a cyst, and on Wednesday that it was large enough (football size) that it had to be removed before we could go to China. So, instead of a few weeks to prepare to leave, I had only a few days before I spent 3 days in the hospital. I'm home now, but am on bed-rest for 2 weeks, right before we leave. It's been crazy....I've cried, laughed, and then just moved forward.

We have our Jon Schmidt concert tomorrow....where maybe I'll attend in a wheel-chair, but don't know if I can sit that long:( I've had to turn it completely over to Jake!!! He's been a great sport about it all, and his work has been good to let him take some time off to make sure I'm taken care of. Today was the first day home with him at work and the kids at home. My sister-in-law came and helped....what an angel...but it's hard to not be able to get up and take care of everyone. Our church friends are feeding us:) They are so nice!!!

We are still waiting on our official "TA" (Travel Approval) from China. I'm expecting it any day. We hope to leave on the 29th...that is the soonest my Doctor will let me go.

1 comment:

  1. This is Pat Bahr. I'm so sorry to hear about your cyst, Julie. I didn't hear a word about it at church and had no idea. I hope you heal quickly and don't require any further treatment and that you get to go to China really soon.

    ReplyDelete