Our Little Zheng Lan

Our Little Zheng Lan

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Treasures

In each of our care packages that we sent to Lizzie, we included a disposable camera, not having any idea if they would be used and/or returned. Well, we did receive them on Gotcha Day, along with her and a special book from the orphanage. It took me a couple weeks to have them developed, but I did. What a treasure. Here are some of them. They really opened my eyes to how she was living! What a rare glimpse into her former life. We are so lucky to have her!

Do you notice the split pants above? Yes, that is her cute little tooshie peaking out. All of the pants she is wearing in the photo's are split pants. And all the seats double as toilets. It is very common in China to see Children with the split pants and sitting in seats like these. I love that they took a few of her in them!
There were 2 other foster children with her, so I'm assuming these other cute toddlers are her foster siblings. Wish I could have brought them all home!

I have to say that this photo (above) is my overall favorite.
That little girl in my orange has my heart!

Most Chinese people live in apartment buildings with courtyards. I'm assuming this is the courtyard by her apartment since it looks as if she spends most of her time there (and the orchard). This is considered the "country".


No comments:

Post a Comment